3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks
3 tbsp. butter
Your favorite GF or other pasta (I am sure spaghetti squash would work too!)
Approx. 1-2 cups of Mozzarella cheese shredded
Approx. 2 cups Basil pesto (store bought or homemade)
1. After cutting your raw chicken into bite size chunks lightly salt and pepper, as per your taste.
2. Melt butter in large skillet and add chicken when pan is heated. Be cautious not to burn the butter (I speak from experience).
3. While chicken is cooking I start boiling water for my pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions.
4. Once chicken in cooked thoroughly, remove from heat, add approximately 2 - 3 tbsp. of pesto (depending on your taste). Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella. The chicken should be warm enough to melt the cheese.
This is currently my favorite pesto. I get it from Sprout's (I believe it is just their brand found in the refrigerator section with pizza ingredients)and it is nut free!
5. Once your pasta has finished cooking, drain thoroughly. Rinse if GF and return to pan. Coat with 2-3 tbsp. of pesto (again depending on your taste). It should look like this:
6. At this point, I would put more of the mozzarella on my pasta and then add some of the chicken to it!
7. I usually pair with steamed broccoli or asparagus depending on what I have on hand.
8. Here is a picture of the completed dish with the regular pasta:
My son also likes to add parmesan cheese! (This is his plate)
This is also great the next day! Enjoy!!